Friday, July 1, 2016

Dad

I'm at Curtis Steel Co., located in Las Vegas sitting in the car as Dad pitches a sales call to a customer. His business card impressively reads "West Coast Sales Manager". On the drive to LV, I talk his ear off for I am nervous. After decades of working for the same company, I learn from Dad that he has been competing with younger salesman to attract business from customers like Curtis Steel Co.  It is time for him to hang up his hat.  Back at the "The Orleans Hotel", Dad's favorite hotel, we share a room.  I look at his hair brush (the same style he has always used), "Obsession" by CK, and Bayer aspirin. Trinkets of a salesman. I know he loves me because he will say "I love you", and send me cards that say "Love, Dad", but I want more proof. J

No comments:

Post a Comment